Local School Committees
Each Compass school has a local school committee composed of a group of volunteers drawn from the community, each bringing a range of skills, expertise and professional experience. Our Governors provide essential links between the school, parents/carers and the local community. Governors work with staff and parents in an atmosphere of co-operation to provide the best possible framework for educating our children. They are involved in all aspects of school life and meet regularly with leadership teams.
Governors fulfil their responsibilities by:
- Supporting the school and its ambition by working strategically to develop and implement vision and ethos.
- Ensuring that the children are receiving the best education and achieve the best outcomes by monitoring the quality of teaching and standards across the school.
- Setting a budget and making sure the school uses its financial resources effectively and in line with the budget plan.
- Accounting to all stakeholders for the school’s performance and for the decisions they make.
Please click on the links below to access information about each school’s local school committee:
- Alderwood Governance
- Cann Hall Governance
- Deansfield Governance
- Halstow Governance
- Horn Park Governance
- Notley Green Governance
- John Ray Junior Governance
- Shalford Governance
- South Rise Governance
- Willow Dene Governance
- Wingfield Governance